Paul G. Harris shares his research findings primarily through teaching, books, book chapters and scholarly journal articles. He also serves the profession and transfers his knowledge to the community through a variety of other activities, as outlined below.
If you would like to discuss how Professor Harris can share his knowledge with you or your organization, please contact him here.
- University service: Professor Harris has served in a variety of academic positions, such as head of a department of Social Sciences, director of a research center for Asian Pacific Studies, director of an Environmental Studies program, and chair of a board of studies for International Relations, Development Studies and Asia Studies, among many other roles.
- Fellowships: Professor Harris has been a fellow at several universities, including Oxford University (where he was a research fellow) and Harvard University (where he was a teaching fellow).
- Scholarly peer review: Professor Harris is frequently commissioned to review article manuscripts for scholarly journals and book manuscripts (and book proposals) for university presses and reputable academic and scholarly publishers.
- Academic program review and examination: Professor Harris serves as an external reviewer and assessor of university degree programs and courses, and as an examiner of research-student thesis and doctoral dissertations.
- Commentaries and opinions: Professor Harris’s interpretations of international and environmental affairs have appeared many times in traditional newspapers (click here for an example) and online media (click here for an example).
- Media interviews: Professor has been interviewed and quoted many times by journalists from newspapers, global news agencies, television and radio broadcasters, and online media outlets. He has been a repeat commentator for radio programs and television news outlets. Most of his media exposure is related to climate politics, environmental policy, international relations and foreign policy. (For inquiries, please click here.)
- Conference presentations and other speaking engagements: Professor Harris has frequently given presentations at scholarly conferences, conducted public seminars and delivered speeches on climate change politics and international environmental affairs. (NB: Professor Harris now limits his in-person international engagements to those that are likely to have enough beneficial social impact to outweigh the environmental harm caused by air travel.)
- Charitable service: Professor Harris donates his time to non-profit organizations when his experience can contribute to their charitable missions. He is currently a member of the Program and Advocacy Committee of Oxfam Hong Kong.
- Consultation: Professor Harris conducts knowledge exchange, proprietary research and specialist report writing for governments, universities and other organizations. Areas examined by this work have included, for example, climate politics and international climate negotiations; environmental politics, policies and foreign relations of China and the United States; global environmental and climate justice; and education for environmental sustainability. (For inquiries, please click here.)